View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #386
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

Hi iMark, it's Goldfish Aquarium's artist/animator here...

I'm sorry you aren't happy with the upgrade to 2.0... I agree that in calling it "monumental" Feldon may have been overstating the case a little. I did double the number of tanks -- because what my tanks lack in Jim Sachs' quality, I try to make up for in quantity -- but I guess if you don't care for the newer tanks, that doubling would be rather pointless. And the fish do have some improvements, but perhaps they were too subtle. In both areas, I'm open to suggestions... what would you have preferred?

You're right that the development of new stuff for it hasn't been on the schedule we'd hoped, but it's really not Prolific's fault; it's mine. I've been too busy with the rest of my life -- raising teenagers, dealing with Southern California's weekly natural disasters, letting the studio system overwork me (or is that "work me over?") -- to be able to create any startlingly new varieties of goldfish lately.

And Prolific has been awesome in not pressuring me much. Nor have they brought in anyone to pry control of the program from my death-grip. What more could an artist/animator ask for?

Incidentally, if the program was selling so well that I could quit my day job, you'd be seeing new fish every week! So go tell a million of your friends...

In any case: I'm sorry that you feel we've dropped the ball. And I thank you for your well-worded critique! I hope to someday earn an equally well-worded positive review from you.

--Eric
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
----------------------------------
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote