View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #63
TimnShaz1

As I said in an earlier post, I am no computer guy. I buy one from Best Buy, turn it on and go. That being said, I am not a computer idiot either. So I have been messing around trying to figure out what it is that triggers having to enter your keycode. First thing I did was uninstall MA3 using add/remove programs which was sort of a bummer because it wiped out all of my saved fish lists but so be it. I then downloaded the current version from serenescreen.com. Whether this is the latest version, I don't know. I then installed it as administrator. I then looked and saw that my computer was eligible for updates, a few of them critical so I went ahead and installed them and following the instructions restarted my computer. Everything was fine. Over the course of the next week I would check to see if I needed to reenter my keycode but everything was good. I checked after I had put my computer to sleep, after an automatic update with restart and after just shutting my computer down and restarting it. The bug did not rear it's ugly head and I thought I had it beat. Then today I was just sitting here and thought I'd test it again. So I shut it down (just a regular shutdown without updates), waited ten seconds, powered it back on and voila, needed to enter keycode. I don't think I've ever had to reenter it after a shutdown or restart with updates, but that may be just luck. I can say that this is sooooo irritating. Anything you can do would be great.
TimnShaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote