Thread: Beta 9e
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #47
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Just as a general comment - I consider the Aquarium to be incredibly easy to use compared to a lot of programs meant for the general public. Three hours ago, my wife asked me to put a ringtone on her iPhone. After going through dozens of pages of instructions on as many websites, as well as Apples's own "Help" system, I'm no closer than I was 3 hours ago.  
Apple does not want you to make your own ringtones and put them on the iPhone. They want you to visit the iTunes store and buy a song in Ringtone format for $2 or whatever the price is.

iPhoneRingtoneMaker is the program I use. It's $7.50 to make unlimited ringtones out of any mp3 files you have laying around.

I have made ringtones out of Castlevania, the new Doctor Who, the TV show "Monk", etc. with it. Easy to adjust the Start and Stop point in each song and set fade-in fade-out times. 25 seconds is a good time limit by the way, most phones don't ring longer than that.

P.S. you really should shoot me a PM or something on these issues. I answer fast or try to.

P.P.S. Best apps for iPhone? Zenbe Lists. It's a website that you can update To Do lists and they sync with the iPhone. So you can add items to the list and they will show up on Zenbe app on the phone. She can make changes on the phone and it will show up on the website. Main thing we use it for is a Live Grocery List.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote