View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #216
Dale
Banned

Windows 7 - Installer 8k

INSTALLER TEST, Windows 7

I just used the installer version to put MA3 on an absolutely-virgin Windows 7 Ultimate System. The hardware is an Intel D945GNT mainboard, built-in graphics (no add-on card), 1 GB memory. No "upgrade" drivers from Intel were installed - just whatever drivers arrived with the Windows 7 Beta 1 Installation (and whatever updates it installed automatically).

Oh, it's 32-bit Windows 7.

Good news:

Installer apparently ran correctly.

MA3 version 8k seems to run nicely, There was no sign of the "can't find compatible Direct3D device" message.

Strange news:

A. After installing MA3, the "screen saver" panel shows TWO apparently-equivalent entries: "SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 3" and "PSereneScreen Marine Aquarium 3" - the only difference being the leading "P". This situation survived selection of another screensaver, and survived a reboot. Brief testing - either one worked, apparently identical.

B. The Fish Settings after installation had 14 fish selected, but all of them were on the top row. Quantities in order: 3,3,2,2,2,2. All other fish seemed to have the "disable this fixh" box checked. I don't recall that being the situation in any other "virgin installation", but perhaps I just didn't notice? Is that setting by design? Does it happen with Vista and XP?

There are a few other things that I haven't checked, but that's the initial report.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote