View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #131
landrick
Registered

Originally posted by peace:
Tip for everyone that is frustrated: I have a previous version of MA, but instead of waiting for it to appear on the serene screen website and use the upgrade option I decided to buy from the Nova development site using a 30% off coupon that I found online (NOVAREG30). .  
Good post, but a bad outcome for me:

I went through all the steps of registering and purchasing, including a successful use of the discount code. However, I got burned at the download stage after using PayPal to make the purchase: PayPal kicked me back to the vendor page (as usual) after the transaction was done. I landed on an "Avanquest Software eStore" page that asked for my password. I entered the password I had just used to register, but the page rejected it. The page said I would be e-mailed a new password. Two hours passed, and nothing arrived. I tried the "lost password" link, and also got no response.

The really annoying/disturbing stuff: The phone number listed for Nova on the PayPal confirmation page is disconnected. An email sent using the "sales@novadevelopment.com" link on the Nova page immediately bounced with an "address rejected" failure notice. Calling the number on the Nova page just goes to a recording saying to call another number for customer service. THAT number is disconnected. The number on the Nova page also provides another number to call for tech support; that one went to a recording saying to call back during business hours.

So...this has been a nightmare so far. Maybe the problem was trying to use PayPal (usually a trouble-free process.) The money is gone from my account, and I have no product. I don't know whom Nova is trying to impress....but it isn't me. They ARE a real company, right?
landrick is offline   Reply With Quote