View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 05:49 AM   #1
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Can we Have a WIP Thread?

A lot of other projects I am interested in have WIP pages in which they show and describe what they are currently working on, either something that is working well or has been thrown away as a bad idea including pictures etc.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I am slightly losing interest without some update.

This all happened when Jim announced the Freshwater tank. This is when both projects seem to have slowed considerably. At least before, fish were being added to the Marine Screensaver every so often with pictures of potential textures and photos etc on threads.

Now it seems that both the Marine and the Fresh water screensavers have almost grounded to a halt in terms of development. Obviously this isn’t true....but without updates and a WIP page, we all can see what is being done and problems or breakthroughs can be seen and would keep us all up to date and interested once more.

Personally, I thought at first the Freshwater Tank was a good idea, in retrospect, I think it will not sell aswell due to its overall look compared to the Marine Aquarium. All Tropical/Freshwater fish by comparison are washed out colour wise and are not quite as interesting to look at. Plus with all the coral and so forth, the marine Aquarium looks so beautiful.

Right now we have a fully working Marine Aquarium and no Freshwater at all. Since the marine needs work, and by that I mean very hard work to convert old DirectX code to version 9, it would be better to finish off the Marine completely and create the 3D background where I think sales of this screensaver is going to boom. I am so looking forward to this next element of the screensaver.

I know this is a bit of moan, but I am a huge fan of this project and really want it to develop further but not at the cost of the other holding it back.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote