View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 03:22 AM   #16
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Originally posted by patscarr:
Well, I was planning to have turkey for lunch and dinner today, but it wasn't thawed out enough this morning so it didn't go into the oven until just now, and since it's a big 20 pounder, we wont be having turkey until dinner time. That's okay. More leftovers for tomorrow. Turkey sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on boxing day! Anybody else having turkey? Anybody deep frying it? I've always wanted to try it that way but so far haven't. Anybody having ham? Chicken? Why don't you all just sound off on what you are eating for Christmas.  
We are going to attempt to fry our first turkey today, it is almost 4 o'clock AM and I have a 14 pound turkey marinating away in a salt , brown sugar and some spices but NOT garlic, I hate garlic, brine. I must go and flip the bird onto his back, he's been on his breast all night and I have a few more hours before cooking him.

I have a honey fire-glazed spiral sliced ham from Swiss Colony. Nothing to do there but re-heat on low temperatures if I want, but not necessary, that ham is delicious cold. That is why I get one.

I made southern style potato salad yesterday and it will be better tasting today. I made four pumpkin pies, one homemade [except the crust] apple pie, two pecan pies, a lane cake which has the fruit filling spruce up with a 1/3 c of bourbon and a red velvet cake.

I am getting ready to make two dozen deviled eggs, and get the mustard/turnip salad ready to cook and to bake sweet potatoes and then candied them. I am making sweet tea, I have some frozen yeast rolls, can’t do everything from scratch, there’ll be cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, which I will make from giblet and turkey broth, and just plain can corn. We should be ready to eat by noon.

Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote