Thread: Not a Bug Windowed Mode? - Beta 7
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #10
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Yeah, I saw some of those before as well. I'm not fond of the price yet, but even if I did get one, we're talking those res.'s on a 30" screen. Right now I use 1920 x 1440 on a 21" screen, so overall I am thinking that I am still going to end up with things larger than I am used too. It's getting closer now than it's ever been before though. In the past it wasn't even worth considering to me. I guess I will need to start going around and trying to see if I can find one of those set up and take a look to see just how it "feels/looks" to me.

The other reason I never changed to LCD was actual 3D use. I bought a set of these some number of years ago and they rocked, especially using the IR glasses that weren't tied to anything by a cord. I had total freedom of movement and the depth in 3D apps was amazing. Playing games in true 3D was awesome, not to mention watching Jim's aquarium. You would not believe how great it looked. I waited all this time to be able to see MA3 in the same manner with all the coral in true 3D as well and I got the short end of the stick now because the 8800 GTX that I use now takes different drivers than the old ones and nVidia's stereo drivers don't support it now. I'm still ticked over that one.

Basically to get it to work you HAD to have a crt because it needed 2x the refresh rate as it projected dual images on the screen at the same time and the shutter glasses blinks the eyes back and forth a gazillion times a second to give one image and depth. LCD screens can't manage that.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote