View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #117
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Forgive me if I missed some posts, but please refresh my memory. Do other MIDI pieces play (by simply clicking on them)? Do .WAV files play? Are there MIDI drivers listed in the Music section of DXDIAG (Microsoft MIDI Mapper, for example)?  
There is no Music section in DXDIAG on my PCs - to be accurate, I checked two of my W7 machines, and will check some others later. One of the machines I checked has a single "sound" section in DXDIAG, and the other has two, but in both cases there is not much in the section.

As I reported, all of my several W7 systems work fine with MA3 CanonGuitar.sgt and bubble sound. None of them have add-on sound cards. They all rely on the on-board audio.

HOWEVER

Note that Terry has an added high-end sound card (Asus Xonar), and garybebee may also have an add-on sound card. The report shows (in part)

Originally posted by garybebee:
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A86&REV_1002
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5910 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail  
Jim, I think I've suggested every diagnostic possible, and every credible "standard" corrective measure.

I'm confident that Terry has the latest drivers, and perhaps garybebee (confirmation invited).

It appears to me that MA3's included sounds do not work with (some) sound cards or some chips or drivers. And if that diagnosis is correct, it probably says that folks who want excellent audio can't hear bubbles. This may be only a Windows 7 artifact (or may not), but that does not minimize the problem.

Although only a few people are affected, that seems to be either a very significant bug, or a system limitation that needs to be documented.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote