View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

Dreamster - A permanent MA3 Key is free to anyone who currently pays full price for MA2.6. This is in a effort to get sales going. Realizing that someone who bought v2.6 just a couple of days ago might feel cheated, we've decided to make this deal retroactive for, say, the past 30 days. Owners of older v2.6 Keys would ahve to pay an upgrade charge of $9.95. Regarding truly old-time customers, we've always been pretty generous to them, on a case-by-case basis. The Beta test versions should recognize ALL v2.6 Keys, but will expire after 7 days.

pvernam - One way of looking at it is that if they had bought v2.6 5 years ago, they got 5 years of enjoyment, and now would need to pay to upgrade to the new version. If they just bought v2.6 yesterday, they might be upset that they could have gotten v3 for the same price if they just waited one more day.

It's amazing how upset people get over these issues. You wouldn't believe the names I get called in emails. Even at full price, this is a $20 item. Last night I spent twice that on pizza, which is only a distant memory now. (And the pizza place charged me full price, even though I already bought pizza from them last week. Shouldn't this week's upgrade have been free?)

In the world of software, MA is the all-time bang-for-the-buck champion. Never in history have as many people impressed their friends with any other $20 program. Just as a comparison, I spent $2500 on Lightwave (the program I use to create the 3D objects in the Aquarium). Then there were several upgrades to Lightwave, at about $600 each.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote