Thread: Updates
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #83
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Frank-n-stein:
Here are some repsonses to you questions. If I missed anything please let me know.

Q .I didnt mean to be rude with my comments, Im just a little frustrated since there has been no official updates for "Sharks" since the very beginning.

About my ideas and suggestions, I'll try to explain clearly, since English is not my "Mother Language". (sorry about that)

A. I understand completely. You grasp of the English language is better than mine and English is my native language, so I can’t complain at all.

Updates: There have been several updates since SA began beta testing. Even after V1 went on our site, we have updated a few times to fix minor bugs etc... However, we have not added more sharks of backgrounds to SA since version 1.0 which is what I believe you are really asking for. version 2.0 is the next major update. We have been in beta testing for a few weeks now the great majority of the feedback from our fans is very positive.

Q. First of all, we must understand that there are 3 companies with Shark-Themed screensavers with their own features.

A. I am very good friends with everyone at sharkvisions. This relationship is probably well documented in the forum so I wont continue that talk here. 3Drelax, I haven't personnaly seen this, but it sounds like there big thing is feeding. ok, that is one our list one day.

My suggestions goes as follow.
Q) Improve the Shark models to match/surpass the ones made in SharkVisions (believe me they are worth it).

A. As Morgan stated previously, we have dramatically improved all of the Sharks, in terms of poly counts, movement, and collision.

Q) To implement Eating Sharks and the "Hit camera" features...
A. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our products. We tend not to implement any feature until we can do it well and continue to complete the illusion. Eating behaviour on a shark is much more than swimming close grabbing a fish. Each shark as a stalking pattern as to how it approches it's prey, movement, etc... In fact, most marine biologist only agree that we really don't know how these animals feed in the wild. I don't think anyone considers 1000 gallons of chum as natural.

So, short answer. not yet, but we hope to in the future.

Q) If possible... to make a True 3d enviroment.
We have a 3D environment; however we don’t have an environment in which we spin the camera around. I do believe that you will really appreciate our new backgrounds.

Q.) Remoras..... Please
A. On our list.

Q. I really dont think that a Megalodon is worth for this SS (Since it is already extinct). We should focus on new species like the Whale Shark, Thresher Shark or the Mega-Mouth Shark.
A. we constantly get request for more species, the Thresher and whale shark are on the list.

Q. Can you tell us the date for the Sharks 2.0 release?
A. Very very very soon. let's see three verys, that is just about right.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote