Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 08:57 PM   #27
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The floppy business was entertaining and a great testament to Jim's programming skills, but the Aquarium is incredibly successful (Prolific is mum about sales figures, but I'd guess 300,000 units including localized versions) and a 3D background and the settings panel, etc. will require more than that. I do believe it's time to move on to bigger and better things. My floppy drive has been non-operational for 3 years.

Jim has said that one reason why he wants the Aquarium to fit on a floppy is so he can test it on his ~15 computers. I hope Jim can afford 15 x $75 802.11b wireless cards and a $200 802.11b wireless access point. Also Jim is still on a 56k modem. I wonder if the telephone company would wire his place up with T1 or if he could have one of the high-speed satellite services like DirecPC or Starband or Sprint BBD wireless.

Maybe when I'm in Calif in April I can visit Jim. Then again I think he might barricade the door.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-14-2003 at 09:20 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote