Thread: Windows Vista Issue Vista x64 Crash Accessing the Settings Panel
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #41
sca
Registered

Originally posted by Mikey242:
Very strange indeed. The only other thing I can think of is a software conflict going on. This is often caused by antivirus software or even driver software. Does this happen with any of the beta versions of MA3?

Try booting into safe mode and try accessing the settings panel (obviously the screensaver itself will run poorly if at all in this mode). This will tell us if it is possibly linked to either drivers or a software conflict.

Good luck!  

Went into Safe Mode - did not get a crash, but then, I was thinking can you get an APP Crash in Safe Mode?? Received message "No 3d Devie found" because the drivers were obviously missing. So it did not crash but then, there are so many parts of the operating system not loaded as well that I am not sure it is telling us it is a conflict with AV software or other software anymore than it is a conflict with part of Vista x64, ....much of which does not load in SM....

Shut down all the the AV I can (back in regular mode) and still get the crash....I am using ESET for AV and Firewall, which I find quite good.
sca is offline   Reply With Quote