View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #23
JohnWho
Registered

Windows 7 does seem to introduce a problem that may or may not affect some.

I have W7 Pro on one system and W7 Premium on another, both 64 bit.

On the W7 Pro system, MarineAquarium3.scr is in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

On the W7 Home Premium system it is in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, although other "SCR" files are in the System32 folder.

It is working well as far as I've seen on both systems. If I recall, both setups were what the complete installer routine produced. (Nova install, sorry Jim)

With the new 11e beta, since the download after extracted is a "scr" file, I simply copied it to the appropriate folder where the previous MarineAquarium3.scr file was after I renamed the previous file.

I believe I got the question: "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?", maybe on both systems, but I answered "yes" (or similar) and haven't seen any problem since.

Note that I did not "right click" and select "install" on the 11e beta file. Therefore, I don't know for sure where the new MarineAquarium3 SCR file would be "installed" using that routine. It would seem that the download of only the SCR file is not a complete "installer" routine since it does not include the EXE file. Perhaps clarification on this would be helpful?
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote