View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #22
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by patscarr:
I know it says "remote," but I hope you can put "Borderline(+)" after "Starfish on glass."  
The issue with the starfish on the glass, as you know, was in the past it happened in the dark.

What has occurred to me (which I've posted before) is that one animation could be built of the starfish climbing up onto the glass. That's not the hard part. The hard part is you never know what angle the starfish will be rotated when it wants to climb up onto the glass.

My thought for this was that the animation would start with the starfish at a specific position and rotation.

Before the starfish can climb up, one of the 5 arms has to be touching the glass. Then there would be a "morph" to get the arms to line up with the starting point of the 'climb' animation. Then invisibly, the starfish would rotate around so that it lines up with the correct rotation that it needs to be to match the animation.

It might look a little clunky before it's received some tuning, but having the starfish slowly climb would be very cool.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote