Thread: Feature Request MA for Android as a Live Wallpaper
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #117
soccerguy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The Android version was developed and sold by a company called Acrodea. When we saw that the program just gave a blank screen on Galaxy 6 devices, Prolific took back possession of the code and hired a programmer to bring it up to Galaxy 6 standards. Those efforts are ongoing.  
For Some of us on Samsung Notes , that came with Android 4.4 the app worked fine , but I got the upgrade to Android 5 in August 2014 , only a few months after buying the app . It has had a black screen ever since . It's now nearing April 2016 . Some very strange things in my case is I seem to have paid for the Trial ( In app purchase ) and The Pro Version as well . The Original Japanese company never answered any of my emails , I did send a lot . I did receive a email from Serene , saying the problem would be fixed soon , that was almost a year ago . In the beginning I could not understand why a screen decoration needed extensive permissions ? . I only realize now after installing another app , No Root firewall , that Marine Aquarium is still communicating with the Japanese company's servers and still sending them huge amounts of data . The app is also sending data to servers in China , It also sends and receives data from Ireland ( I assume this is Google) . I think that Its a really bad thing for an app to be sending a persons data anywhere , but to China that's the worst ! . Maybe you should take the app down , until you rewrite the app's code and turn it back into a screen decoration , instead of Data mining spyware that I be-leave that the Japanese version is . I have asked a google support person about the permissions and even they agreed the permissions are a bit much . So here we are now getting Android 6.1 and I have removed the app from my phone because nearing 2 years and a black screen and charged twice and who knows what data they took . Just my observations .
soccerguy is offline   Reply With Quote