View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 10:31 PM   #57
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

This is my first forum so I don't have anything else to compare it to. I have noticed that yes, I do seem to keep coming back -- don't know if that is normal or healthy. but back to the question

what brings me back -- I like the community. I like the support and communication that is given -- both on a technical and nontechnical level. I like the dedication, friendliness and commitment of the administrators M&M. I like that I get to practice my nominal social skills by making contact with strangers. I find myself humbled to be respectful of those willing to be vulnerable and share personal information and pictures. Is this a trick question --am I going to get booted off if I give a wrong answer or not the right one? I like that there is opening for newbies to show up out of the blue and start a thread, post, visit, pass through, join the community. Mostly because I am new to surfing internet, computers, aol, etc.. and this forum seems to be a safe space port in the internet to dock in while I grow my computer surfing space fins. meeting new people, actually having fun in some posts, exposure to new things, expanding my horizons. a rich resource of a special group of people gathered together in one location. I didn't know forums were like this. there's a place for people who are not hard core fishies or techies like myself. only fish I own are in Jim's aquarium..... and those that I caught and contributed to the museum in gamecube's animal crossing.

This report is based on less than 2 weeks experience and first impressions. an update might be warranted after a longer period of time...