Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 12:27 AM   #48
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Well, I understand your point about floppys on their way out the door (so to speak). But mine is staying right where it is.
I like many others have not used it in ages, but there is that ocassional once in a blue moon where it just seems to come in handy. Many hardware manufacturers still just seem to be distributing their drivers that come with the (optional) computer hardware you buy only on floppy disk (ie... some of the cheap CD-Rom Drives I've bought only seem too come with drivers on floppy, I know you probably won't even need to use them, but you never know? they might just come in handy for Windows 95 users ... yes there are still some out there believe it or not!)

Another example of it coming in handy is not to long ago I was given a Multimedia (PS/2) Keyboard, which only came with drivers/software on floppy. I also noticed at some stores (being a Fry's Electronics Customer) that sell generic computer hardware, some of that stuff has drivers only available on floppy.

IMHO, even though it is outdated, do not discredit the usefulness that it may bring (many other things are somewhat outdated too ie... VHS & Audio Cassette, but they are still being used by the masses everyday). They (floppy drives) are very inexpensive, they do not take up much space in your PC & only have to be used when you absolutely need them.

For now I'm keeping mine until something replaces it 100%.
Just my 2¢ !
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote