Thread: Bug: Unconfirmed Upgrading to currently released version
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #16
Dale
Banned

JohnWho, what does the .pdf manual that you got with the boxed version, say about updates?

Also, I wonder if that .pdf can be posted somewhere, so that other folks can read it?

Originally posted by JohnWho:
I wonder if there is a way I can clean all of both off so I can run a "clean" MA3?  
Yes. First uninstall whatever you can.

Make sure that C:\Program Files\SereneScreen\Marine Aquarium 3 has been deleted, and C:\Program Files\NOVA?????\Marine Aquarium 3 have been removed by the uninstall. Also C:\Windows\System32\MarineAquarium3.scr

Then go to "C:\Users\YOURACCOUNT\AppData\Roaming\Marine Aquarium 3" and delete the Marine Aquarium 3 folder and all of its contents. This will get rid of some customiaztions. (from the Prolific version).

Do a complete (advanced) search for the files MA3Logolist.lst, MA3Playlist.lst, and openserenescreen.js - to see of Nova put files somewhere else. If so, delete the files and the containing directory.

Run REGEDIT as an administrator. Back up your registry. Search for the Keys "MarineAquarium3" (no spaces), and delete the key and all data (if the key above that one is SereneScreen or something about Nova, delete that one, too). Keep searching to the end of the registry. This step will clean up most of the related stuff in the registry.

Reboot your computer.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote