View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #22
klyntun

Cool Burning to dishonor?

I've never thought of burning a flag as dishonoring anything. Perhaps my intentions were different than everyone elses (yes, I've burned a couple of American flags in my day, to protest what I saw as an injustice and to try and wake up some who seem to think that a piece of cloth, no matter what symbolism it is imbued with, is more important than an individual's rights or life). I think a "burn" button would be a great addition. It might make even more evident the symbolism of burning a symbol! And yes, I turn all the American Flag stamps I use upside down (country in distress).
Anyway, I downloaded the Free Trial, not expecting to be impressed, and now I'm planning on purchasing it. I work for a state government, and wanted an appropriate screensaver for my computer, and this will be it. I can honor (or dishonor) our country, my state, or any other country or state I wish. Or I can fly the Jolly Roger if I'm feeling piratical.
I would love to see: thicker cloth, stitching, weather, pole accoutrements. birds/planes, scenic views (U.S. and other).
You guys never cease to amaze!