View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 11:11 PM   #40
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

In a poll with 900 people voting, the brown Queen Angel was ranked dead last.
Poll??? What poll??? Was this something that we forum users were excluded from participating in? I dunno, if it was here on the forum, maybe I was just blind and didn't see it.

These are done by an Artist who I found about 8 years ago, and trained to use the computer. He is very respectful of Jim's style, and Jim approved all of his work. Think of him has a back-up singer.
My apologies Reichart, my comments were not directed at the artist or the quality of his art (which is not in question). I guess I'm just concerned that people might be "enhancing" the Queen Angel visually to promote interest versus staying true to what a real Queen looks like. That poor fish has changed faces sooooo many times in the SSA that you'd swear it's under the witness protection program or something.

If possible, would you mind posting the picture of the real fish he used as a template for his work? I'd really like to see it since I haven't seen a Queen that looks like that yet.

DL,
you don't loose a fish, you can always use an older version, like I, use the old widescreen version (.99K) because of the Queen Angel and the faster movements of the fishes.
Thanks for the suggestion Yellow Tang, but I'll pass. I don't like having to go back to older versions just to see a fish I like, I'd much prefer that they all existed in the most current version possible, but change is change and I can accept it.
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote