Thread: Not a Bug windows 98 & Beta 3
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
igohigh
Registered

Win2Kpro

Another thing ye may not want to hear be that many older computers from the old Win98 days may not have a mother board capable of going to WinXP or higher. As in mine, Win2K with a PIII cpu and 768meg of Ram is highest I can go (only a 100mb front end buss) so without replacing the mother board ye may find yerself hitting a ceiling without a complete upgrade...for me that is not an option at the moment with today's economy.

But as feldon32 stated, Win2K is a VAST improvement over Win98(se) any day! WinXP is great too but Vista I still am not convinced about, still hearing too many stories.

As for Win2KPro (with all window's updates) and just a PIII 850mz with 768meg Ram and an nVida TNT Rivia 2 64 video card: I get the trails on the background mentioned in another thread about laptops, I think I have the most recent video driver (have to go look).

So as far as upgrading yer current PC, check for the type of video card ye have onboard, check yer front end buss, and check yer mother board's capability for XP....ye may be like me and getting rapidly left behind without considering a whole new system...
Vultures take the easy prey,
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
igohigh is offline   Reply With Quote