View Single Post
Old 06-20-2001, 10:38 AM   #271
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Re: Wishlist

nicksteel,

I would prefer a high priority placed on improving the background (3-D) and the details on the fish (mouth and gill movement) rather than in the creation of new fish.
The 3D background should be coming soon. From what Jim has said most but not all of the things that he wanted to accomplish before he started on that particular aspect have been done. He has also mentioned in the chatroom that it was about time to start "dusting off" the code for the moving mouths, the gill movement may be shortly after.
Also, though it is nice that the program fits on a single floppy, I feel this to be a minor feature. Being a programmer myself, I understand the advantages of tight efficient code, but overall size should probably not be a overriding consideration.
For a lot of people that wouldn't be of great concern, for Jim's purposes it makes a big difference. In the first place he absolutely will not stand for sloppy code in his Screen Saver ( which in my opinion should be applauded, in current times it is becoming rare to find someone who strives for the absolute best as opposed to settling for what will suffice ). In the second place, a portion of Jim's sales are to people in other countries who have a difficult time obtaining computers with all the drive options that we take for granted. Jim has stated on several occasions, that for this reason he wants to contain the file size so it will fit on a floppy.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote