View Single Post
Old 07-03-2001, 01:50 PM   #323

Nautalis freak sighting....

The more I hear everyone talk about it the more I feel like this was some kinda freak accident that I saw. I am certain that what I saw were a pair of Nautalis, they looked identical to the pictures that were posted (did not look like the baby one, the full-sized ones that are white with brown highlights).

The only reason I know they were called Nautalis is because I had to ask one of the people who worked there what they were because I had never seen anything like them. I am certain it was a reef tank because they were in one of the tanks that holds all the corals and such that one can actually buy from this store. They weren't moving around THAT much but if they are noctournal they certainly weren't hiding from the light or resting. The tank was brightly lit with metal-halide (sp?) lighting for the corals and such.

If anyone lives in the Sacramento area they are welcome to go check the store out themselves. It is called Aqua-Life in Rocklin. I'm sure that being as rare as they seem to be, it is possible that this store got in this pair and was not quite sure what conditions were best for them. Although this is the best store I have found in the greater Sacramento area (I have been to a lot) in terms of knowledge, selection, and price. In response to DL, I do have access to a dgital camera and if I ever see them there again I will glady take pictures (I will even take video if Jim would like) but I haven't seen them there since and have never seen them at another store. Which also kinda makes me think it was a freak incident that I saw these 2 and this store had them. Hope this clears up any confusion, although it probably made it worse

Chris Riffey