Thread: Bug: Unconfirmed MA beta 3 performance in VMWare Fusion
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
Jsqr
Registered

MA beta 3 performance in VMWare Fusion

I realize that MA3 isn't being developed specifically, or perhaps even with any focus at all, for virtualized Windows environments, but I want to post this for whatever it's worth.

MA3 b3 runs just fine on WinXP in a virtual environment on iMac 24. Its performance, color, behavior, collision detection, etc. are as good as they are on my Vista native machine and WinXP in a Bootcamp partition on the iMac -
with one exception: the bubble stream is totally absent. No ghost images, no hint of bubbles, no nothing.

VMWare Fusion uses its own driver, which probably doesn't have anywhere near the features of a real graphics card. The MA3 statistics screen displays a fps range of about 110-112 fps on VMWare SVGA II (the graphics card emulator that runs on a real NVIDIA card.

By comparison, MA3 B3 on a virtual WinXP under Parallels on the same iMac shows plenty of bubbles but everything runs slowly and most of the shapes are black silhouettes.

Hope this info is of some use to you somewhere along the line.

- and my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum. I expect a moderator can relocate the thread if necessary.

Jsqr
Jsqr is offline   Reply With Quote