View Single Post
Old 11-20-2001, 04:20 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Cool

Sorry you're annoyed, but

#1 a 5 mb download is unacceptable to the author, Jim Sachs
#2 version 1.0 is the same as 99L except for a couple of bug fixes

I guess I'm trying to understand the anger and frustration Jim and I get by e-mail on a daily basis demanding 1.0, not realizing that the difference between what they have and 1.0 is minimal.

Can I ask why it is so important that you get version 1.0 of the Aquarium?

Unless you need bulletproof password protection, you won't even notice a difference between 99L and 1.0 except the longer serial number which is now encrypted. It is now impossible to break out of the screen saver on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or XP without entering the screen saver or logged in user password. It's not even possible for a passerby to touch your Aquarium settings on Windows 95, 98, and ME.

Jim Sachs has very high standards and does not feel we should be subjected to a 5MB download for a 1.3mb program. Other developers don't care, but he does. And also, there is a lot of work behind the scenes to get everyone switched over to the new serial number system.

Remember, purchasers of 99L are still entitled to more goodies than the people who buy the boxed version or 1.0 from the website are.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 11-20-2001 at 04:25 PM.
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote