View Single Post
Old 01-31-2001, 01:12 PM   #12

Yes, it is just tough for them

I'm sorry if my post came off as mean but I was upset at the idea of people pressuring Jim to slow his creative work because their PC's are still in the dark ages. This is a computer program just like many others. People bought the current version because they liked it and it ran well on their machines. New versions of any program are almost always going to be more complex, aka, require more resources to run. Saying that Jim should not try to expand his program because you, "resent the suggestion that I can always stop upgrading that for which I have paid" is ridiculous. Maybe I we should call up EA Sports and tell them that NHL 99 or Need for Speed I is good enough since it will run on my old 166 Mhz machine and not to make any improvements because I won't upgrade my PC. Wonder what kind of response I would get? Hopefully the same response Jim will give to the people that want the aquarium to stay the same, that technology moves on and you can either stay where you are or try to keep up. The aquarium upgrades are an OPTION, not a requirement. We should be thrilled that Jim is giving the upgrades away to registered users. Remember Dogz, then Dogz II, then Dogz III? Those were not free upgrades and there was very little change between those versions at all. When you can no longer run your favorite applications in their most updated form, and you are unwilling to turn off some of the options to increase performance, it means it's time to upgrade your PC. It does not mean it's time for the software provider to downgrade the program.