View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 09:58 AM   #24
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

James,
Good idea, it would be helpfull if you could post some binaries for the starfish's position. But I have to say that I am not sure if I can finish this project. My program can write the position values to the registry correctly, but it has problems with short binaries. Right now if I write "1" as binary it shows up in the registry as 01 00 00 00 where it should be 01. When reading the StarfishOnGlass key the aquarium does not recognize it and changes back to default 00. Result: a floating starfish.
Since I use a registry module that was written by someone else, it could take a while to figure out what is going wrong.

memilm,
For someone who "cannot write programs" you know an awful lot about it. I must confess that I am not really a programmer either but I just like to toy around with Visual Basic. Most of the difficult code I use was copied and pasted from various internet VB sites. If you can get your hands on Visual Basic you will see that programming does not have to be more complicated than working with installation software.

Last edited by Mountainmaster; 05-10-2002 at 03:42 PM.
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote