View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Thaks, James - that's very clear.  
Glade you could see the problem clearly!!

Originally posted by Surferminn:
Thanks James. I noticed a bug with picking out the fish set too but figured that was a mini project for later to see what was up. Thanks for taking the time and lending your expertise and rooting out all the little buggers.  
Thanks for your support minn!!!
Normally to report a bug, the reproduce step must state as clear as possible to let the R&D to trace down the root cause, it does took my quite a while to figured out the whole process. When I initially discover it, I just couldn't reproduce the fish count over hundred or thousands, so I try my best to recall what I have done before, and apply divide and elimination to narrow my though and assumptions, then finally came out the whole step by step methods.

Sometimes it also need other people to try the same to confirm the bug is also reproducible on other machine to proof my finding, so it's always a good practice to try other's bug finding on your machine. And I see minn did working hard to try other's bug in some thread, you deserve the credit!

It all worth it when the developer could reproduce the bug by following my steps.

In real product testing, bug reproduce is the most challenge task of all.
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote