View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #2096
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I just hope MA3 will accept PNG files right out-of-the-box in a selector window. They must be PNG-24 with exactly 256 x 256 resolution.

The current situation with MA2.6 is very confusing and I think most people give up after trying to create logos for it. Even avid readers of this forum have had problems getting logos to work, mostly due to the counterintuitive nature of the "Open File" feature in the Aquarium.

When someone clicks the "Open File" button within the program, the discover that it only accepts the inferior 1-bit BMP file format. It will not accept greyscale or color PNG files. Yet MA2.6 actually has unofficial, undocumented support for PNG files. But you must go digging around in your Aquarium folder, delete any BMP logo named Logo.dat or MA_Ext.p1p, and then drop correctly-formatted PNG files.

If MA3 does retain the same basic behavior of MA2.6, then I'll write a Marine Aquarium Logo Manager program for it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote