View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
philosopher
Registered

I've seen this

I've seen this same behaviour, but with only two monitors and have reported it before. I've had it go away with certain graphic card updates and then reappear with new graphic card updates - back and forth over the last two years.

I have no idea what the actual cause is, but I only see it when the aquarium starts as a screen saver. The specific behaviour is that one monitor is black - the other monitor flashes again and again black then image, black then image.

One interesting thing is that if I leave it flash it eventually starts working properly. Another item of interest is that if I press the space bar, click into the display settings or fish settings (not changing anything) and then click the "OK" buttons to return, that sometimes sorts things out right away.

I don't know if any of that gives a hint as to what might be happening?

It would be interesting to see if the screen saver starts working on four monitors by waiting or accessing the settings as I find it does on my two monitors.

If you really can't live with those two "fixes" then you may want to try different graphic card driver versions. I always install the latest and greatest, but like I mentioned earlier some of the drivers I've used have this problem and some haven't.
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote