View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 07:11 PM   #52
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Yes, I’m aware of QWallet. But this has to be the whole enchilada. And this needs to be integrated, and it needs to be a standard supported feature the OS (not a product).

Let me give you a real world example. On the Mac, a person downloads an SIT, which get automatically (because Apple finally built StuffIt into the Browser) decompressed, and the file folder gets stuck on your desktop. All you have to do is drag it into your Screen Effects dir, and you’re done.

This is better (not perfect). If you clicked on the icon on the browser, and the Mac brought up a requester which said “Would you like to try this Screen Saver Demo?” and you could just click [YES], and after it was done downloading it it took care of EVERTYTHING for you, in the background, and then left a message for you like “Ok, click here to try out” then we are much closer.

Next, after your done with it, it asks you “Would you like to buy this, play with it s a little longer, or shall I throw it away?’

Now the computer is treating you like a person, not another computer!

There are Geeks, Nerds, and Dorks. A Geek knows how to make money while having fun. A Nerd knows a lot, but not what to do with it, a dork looks and acts like a nerd, but has no talent.

Most software is made by nerds and dorks.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote