View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 05:39 AM   #1
The Old Man
Registered

Cool Background doesn't look right

Hi all,
This is my first post so firstly let me say a big hello to everyone! These are fantastic products and as my partner won't allow me an aquarium, its the next best thing!

I'm having a graphical problem with the Marine Aquarium 2. Essentially, the background just doesn't look right although the fish seem okay. Its as if the background is in 16-bit colour not 32, even though I have selected 32bit in the options. I bought the bundle offer from the UK site and am not having problems with the Goldfish screensaver. It happens with both Marine Aquarium 2 (also the 2.1 download) and the Time version.

I have taken some screenshots in jpeg format (10% compression) to show the problem:

Marine Aquarium 2.01 Screenshot

Aquarium Time Screenshot

My computer is using the latest drivers and seems fine with all other applications and games. Its an AMD64 3200+ CPU, 1GB DDR400 RAM, Geforce GT6800GT (with Nvidia's latest v66.93 Driver) and Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard (latest BIOS & latest 4in1 motherboard drivers). I am running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 with latest updates.

I have a 17" TFT LCF Monitor running at 1280x1024@75hz standard setting. My parents have the same monitor and their background is much crisper and colourful, not as blocky. I tried both the desktop resolution and setting it manually to 1280x1024, but it still the same. Again the Goldfish version seems fine.

I've tried to give as much detail as possible, has anyone else seen this problem as I'm sure the background doesn't look right and its spoiliing my enjoyment!

Thanks!
Graham.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote