View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 11:00 AM   #103
surfer
Registered

Jim,

The new version is fantastic. The reworked fish have now gone from just OK, to some of the best in the Aquarium.

Thank you for including the option to adjust the anamorphic ratio. In the widescreen mode I find the tank to be very roomy, but in the default anamorpic ratio of 0.8000 the fish are just a little too small. By adjusting it to 0.9500 it gives the tank a little more room and the detail of the fish is eaiser to see - the perfect compromise . My monitor is a 19-inch CRT and the resolution is 1280x960x32.

By the way, this might be helpful to others. I just found out on a 4x3 ratio monitor to keep the image and text from stretching 1280x960 is the correct resolution, not 1280x1024 that is commonly used.

Jim / Edgar - there is one minor suggestion I would like to make, not a big deal really, but wouldn't it make more sense to switch the locations of "Don't duplicate random choices" and "Fish info" in the fish tap. It just seems like a more logical location to keep the "Don't duplicate random choices" with the fish selection window.

Thanks for creating the best screen saver ever made. Also for the improvements you continue to make. Many developers would have been happy with your original version and left it there - but not you. You are truly an artist.

Last edited by surfer; 03-08-2004 at 10:21 PM.
surfer is offline   Reply With Quote