View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #105
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Terry Kennedy:
I extracted the fishss22.wav file that is embedded in MA3. If I use that as a sound in the MA3 music player, I get the "official" bubble sound just fine (yes, even on the system that still isn't working), but with a pause every 8 seconds as the MA3 music player recycles. (If I play it with Windows Media Player and "Repeat" checked, it loops without pauses, so I assume this is a result of the way the MA3 music player works.

So, here we have the exact official file it is trying to use for bubbles, but the code that tries to play it as bubbles can't, while the music player in the same program can..  
Thanks for the extract, Terry. Am I correctly understanding that the embedded bubbles are in .wav format? (i.e., not .sgt)

I see the same results (on systems that work anyway). The pause every ~~8 seconds is brief - perhaps 1/4 second.

One conclusion might be that if MA3 used the same code for playing the bubbles, that it does for playing music, then the bubbles "should" work for everybody.

Another conclusion might be that if MA3 used embedded CanonGuitar.wav instead of .sgt, it "should" work for everybody.

What's the difference in file size between .sgt and .wav?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote