Old 10-27-2019, 11:56 PM   #12
Blarney77
Registered

YAY!! It's FIXED NOW!!!

Originally posted by Alex Themelis:
This worked fine for me:

You will find MarineAquarium3.scr here:
C:\Windows\System32\MarineAquarium3.scr

Make a copy of MarineAquarium3.scr to your desktop and rename it MarineAquarium3.exe.

Now right click on the MarineAquarium3.exe that copied earlier and select "Run as administrator"

Enter a valid keycode. Then you can delete the desktop exe and your short cuts will work without asking anymore reg entry  
Okay peeps! I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903. I have seen this happen on EVERY NEW INSTALL for the last couple of versions (Since 1803?).
It asks for the key EVERY TIME IT RUNS!

The Above solution Works EVERY TIME I have tried it. You MUST originally run as Admin to install the code or it is not kept.

This version was written for a MUCH older version of Windows and I have to admit I'm somewhat surprised it keeps running. I find OLDER XP software has run much better under 10 than it did under my old Windows 7 Ultimate.
(My Adobe Creative Suite 2.3 runs MUCH better in Windows 10, where it crashed often in 7.)

Obviously Microsoft has made some changes in how certain registry entries are stored. I have also found that many software issues have been solved just by using "Run As Administrator".

Your screensavers actually are .EXE files, right?? So making the copy to the desktop, renaming to .exe and right clicking and run as admin does the trick to get the code installed permanently.

I have a few friends that will be very happy when I fix their issues.

Thanks.

So.. Next question... WHEN DO WE GET A MODERN UPGRADE????

It's Better With The Blarney!
Blarney77 is offline   Reply With Quote