View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #50
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by flipper:
cjmdaddy and Ralph, I read up on multi-monitor support and I think I found out some of what I was doing wrong. The attached version has some changes for multi-monitor use that may fix the crashing. But I'm pretty sure I still don't have it all correct.  
Yes, it's fixed for me also. The background is now spread nicely across both monitors.... - But, I agree, I think there is too much water surface showing, and I don't like the degree of detail shown in the reflection. - In my opinion it's too distracting and looks unnatural.

The perspective between the tank and the background seems to work for me, across the two screens, but I think the type of background chosen needs to be carefully thought about if the focus of attention, is to remain with the aquarium and its contents.

All in all, it's a very clever idea, and very well executed.... But is it what MA3 really needs?
After a period of experimentation, it's something of a relief to return to a nice dark blue/green graded background. With nothing distracting from the intended underwater coral scene.

... Perhaps the answer, is to have a distant extended underwater coral background? ..... Or none at all?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote