View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #111
Andrew Jenkins
Registered

Advertising

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Michael - Yes, though my percentage of the hardcopy was microscopic, having it on store shelves acted as advertising, and drove the vast majority of web sales. As to whether we'll be talking to other publishers - probably. It would seem that most publishers would be glad to handle a product which had an unprecedented run in the stores.

We'll probably be doing some actual advertising for the first time. If anyone here has used Web-based ads, I'd like to hear about your experiences.  
Jim

You mention web-based ads... I run a holiday rentals business of private cottages in Cornwall, UK. We have tried various forms of advertising over the years to promote the cottages & find customers. Without any question the most effective form of advertising we have ever undertaken has been pay-per click-advertising. We have found (with a bit of trial & error on the appropriate keywords) we can direct well targeted enquiries to our website. The net result is we get excellent take up and great value for our pound/buck. I can't speak highly enough of its effectiveness. I have also used pay per click sponsored links with a larger business I am involved with. Personally I wouldn't go else. Also very easy to switch on & off (not that you would need to switch off as your offer would seem infinitely scaleable!)

We have also used Banner Advertising. For me web searchs & sponsored links is the way to go with a certain Mr Google. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Ps I have no involvement or financial interest in the latter.
Andrew Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote