View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #8
Dale
Banned

I think it needs the clock/calendar (and logo as functional as 2.6, but other than that it can remain supported by the forum only...)

Also, Settings/About (space bar):
1. Make sure everything there works (e.g., Ctrl-R should either work [preferable] or be removed from the description.

2 Add other "user" stuff as appropriate. I'm not sure whether you view up/down arrow as user stuff, or "t", or the other keys that do something but aren't documented.

Finally, and this is "added functionality" if it hasn't been planned already - there needs to be some way for users to know that there's a new version. Either an automatic check for new version, or a button in "about", or whatever.

Other than that, I'd go for "release it".

But: caution - there are PERHAPS some things that are planned, that could be disruptive in a NON-beta (for instance, when the fish become much improved, and you roll it out to the world as an update to the production version, and suddenly 35% of the users get crashes.....).

I don't know what's on the "planned" list, or what the risk-quotient of those things are, so I can't evaluate that. Your call.

Hope that helps.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote