View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #248
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by feldon29:
Your opinions are welcome and appreciated here, but you're not asking questions that only Jim has the answer to. Hope I haven't scared you off.  
On the contrary, I prefer intelligent debate, fresh ideas and points of view.

In terms of VISTA, my point was in fact on VISTA’s 3d Graphics card powered desktop ability. If from what I’ve seen so far from tech demos, it is quite possible to turn SMA into a Desktop without much effort. Something of which haunts Jim’s waking second.

OK, your right in terms of PC spec requirements and the DRM is quite frankly its going to kill off any sales of VISTA as an upgrade to current high spec PC’s running XP Pro, but unfortunately, one day even if you don’t buy into VISTA the next M$ OS will also have DRM.

It will also have the same 3D graphics powered GUI. I thought I’d just point it out to Jim before it hits the streets 2006…or is it 2007 now?

My advice to Jim would be to get a high spec PC and get on the BETA list to see what the potential damage is in terms of running SMA as desktop. Something I think he will have to come to terms with in no uncertain terms.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote