View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 01:40 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Just a few comments before I lock this topic...

FlagPride is something Prolific has been working on for almost a year now. They did quite a bit of research to see if there was a need for this product. To say to someone who has worked hard on a project like this and put in 16 hour days "This is a joke right?" is very insulting and one would not expect a polite response.

FlagPride is still a beta, just as the Aquarium was for a year+ after it came out. There are a lot of things they want to add before they {have it where they want it}, including cloth texture, rope, reflections in the ball on top of the flagpole, self-shadowing, etc.

Already I have received another "speedbump" version of FlagPride which fixes what I felt was a completely un-random animation sequence. In the currently available FlagPride, I feel that the animation does a small "puff", then the flag wilts, then a bigger "puff", then the flag wilts again, then it finally starts animating fairly nicely.

With the new FlagPride beta, it immediately starts animating very naturally with less obvious "lulls" and "puffs".

Even if FlagPride were not available to the general public, it will make its money back tenfold because local, state, and federal governments have expressed a strong interest. The product is already made, it is *relatively* trivial to put in other flags.

There is a huge demand for this kind of simple, awesome-looking screen saver. Some people love the Wimplefish, some people hate it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there.

If we want to discuss this further, please keep it to private messages.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 03-15-2003 at 11:41 AM.