Thread: Fixed Bug 3.0 Beta 7 MA3 Beta #1 goes Matrix
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #27
cjmaddy
Registered

Your first point clearly shows that our two systems are acting somewhat differently, which is not surprising, as we are using different hardware and therefore different drivers.

Your second point surprises me a little, as it is the setting of Primary Monitor that could cause the fish to freeze in a window. - I feel sure that if you run Beta 7e or earlier, with a Primary Monitor change, you will find one situation that produces 'frozen fish'. - I know that that is not something you were testing for on this occasion, but I mention it only to illustrate the difference that the choice of primary can make.

You said that you never did duplicate the "frozen fish" bug. - The occurrence of that bug appears to depend solely on which of your screens you choose as the Primary Monitor. - Which in turn is determined by which socket you connect each screen to on your video card, and/or the position of the screens relative to each other.

As regard your last point, my FPS for the Windowed mode, prior to and including 7g, have always fallen to an unacceptable level if the whole window was not on the screen chosen as primary. In one of my earlier posts I made a mistake, - I said "Once the window is moved onto only one monitor, everything returns to normal." - That should be: "Once the window is moved onto the Primary monitor, everything returns to normal."

I do think we should be careful about laying the blame at MA3 when video cards and/or drivers can make such a difference, and act differently on different systems. - I never fail to be amazed at the effect that re-installing Directx again, can have after some visual glitch suddenly appears as if from nowhere!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote