View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by HisDudeness:
Hi
Very dissapointed. Just spend $9.95 for the new update(I thought I was getting the new moving background we have all been waiting for)  
Where did you read that there would be a new background in this version? I think you won't be able to find such a statement.

Instead I get the clock which I never wanted anyway  
Which can be turned off.
and a new fish , the clearfin lionfish which does,nt render properly so I cant even use it. Also my fish now move very jerkily whereas in the previous version I had it was great.  
Please tell us which Macintosh you have, how much memory it has, etc. Also when you run the Aquarium, please press the SPACE bar and confirm that the resolution is set to something reasonable like 800 x 600.

Everyone was talking about the new moving background for a long time so I thought this was it but  
If we ever get the 3D background, it will not be in an incremental upgrade like 2.6. It will be a full point release like 3.0, 4.0, etc. And it will be hugely publicized. You would have found dozens of statements by the author here about his progress as well as hundreds of comments by fans of the Aquarium with their opinions about it.
Also it said that the special offer was for $5.95 yet I was billed $9.95.  
The PC and Mac product pages at SereneScreen both indicate $9.95 $5.95 as the price for the upgrade.

It is also important to note that you are always encouraged to download the Aquarium and try it BEFORE you buy.

Now, if it's any consolation, I am a bit uncomfortable with forcing people who want the 2 new fish to buy a product they don't want (the clock aquarium). While I think the Goldfish 2 and Sharks 2 upgrades are fantastic and worth the price, I don't feel $9.95 is a justified upgrade price for what most people will use -- 2 more fish.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-24-2006 at 09:15 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote