View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #52
johnblommers
The Architect

You know Steve ...

Originally posted by drfish
Really?... At any rate, it's still a freakin Cube...
Steve Jobs company Next Step sold a cube computer - a black one, but the company stopped producing the hardware and wisely focused on highly innovative software instead. Ultimately Apple purchased Next Step and used Next OS as its next generation Mac OS and dubbed it Mac OS X. Steve came along with the sale of Next to Apple, and next thing you know he's in charge again. And shortly after that Apple introduced the G4 Cube. My wife still has hers and it folds for SereneScreen as we speak. The G4 cube was not sold for long - overpriced and not cool enough to carry it along. Fast forward to 2005 and ?eheeee? Now we have a 1/3 cube! Steve Jobs just won't let it go!

Personally I think I'll get one and put it upstairs next to the TV , DVD player, and 5.1 speakers and work out a way to use it for a personal media center. Bring my EyeTV and USB infrared remote control and I should be able to get some things to work. The Mac mini is a nice enough looking box so it will fit into the decor upstairs.

Next ... a 23-40-inch DVI screen, HDTV set top box from Comcast (which has a DVI and a firewire interface), maybe shell out for a Delgato EyeTV500 (which supports HDTV) and I think I'll have spent myself into the ground but I'll have an open solution I can live with.
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote