View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 09:36 AM   #47
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: (although the sarcasm got lost in there somewhere)
A: I do my best to promote sarcasm….I do apologize for not reading your sarcasm as such.

2. Q: I conclude two things: 1. The people of Afhanistan should not be considered enemies of the USA
A: Well, I would at least say that “some” people who live in Afghanistan are not enemies of anyone, including the US. But this still is not about people, but groups.

3. There is no Taliban govt to be considered an enemy.
A: They are no longer organized, but they are waiting in the wings. Although, before I say another word, it does need to be mentioned that the photo Morg posted was probably painted and tacked up in a white trash trailer park (by the looks of it, and the misspelling of the ampersand “&”). So it is designed to promote the hateful silly sentiment of “those people,” and not all people.

Here is my quick primitive and honest take on this (Afghanistan):

The Afghanistan gov have refused to hand over guest Osama bin Laden. This pisses Americans off. Even if America has historically harboured known mass murderers from other countries.

Americans fought long and hard for things like equal rights for women, and now wants to enforce these enlightenments on others. Those that are not willing to step up to the 21st century should be locked in 12th century prisons from the view of many Americans.

4. Q: ergo – no need to continue with the smiting of the poor Afghanis who have seen enough negative things to last them 'til Armageddon. Pissing on their flag would be the equivalence of doing it on the Stars n' Stripes because some stupid white supremacists like to wave it around.
A: See, this is the great thing about flags…they are a single easy to make symbol everyone can focus on.

Lets face it, there are very few wars that have fun solid clearly defined sides.

I have to admit, I think that Osama commited a “world” crime, and therefore there should be a world court, which stands above the Supreme court, and handles these things.

I also believe that Islamicism promotes a system of thinking that tortures many, demonstrably the women. I would like to see a long term (this could take a very long time) system of education put into place to counter the effects of all religion. But if we look back on our own histories (yours, mine, America’s) each “group” has needed to fight its own demons and battles.

100 years ago, children were chained to machines to keep them working, women had no rights to government, or even to chose their profession, Victorian morality stifled expression, and this is America.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote