View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 04:33 AM   #287
fly911
Registered

That sounds like a great concept, Jim. Apparently from the link, it could be doable. Bandwidth is always a consideration. I have my 32" LCD/LED screen on for 24/7/365 with a few exceptions when it goes out on me for no apparent reason. I would like to replace the laptop that drives it with a smaller dedicated computer, chip or something like that. There were some suggestions about that earlier in this blog.

With your streaming idea though, there would be more flexibility, and reliability. When the end user's computer is on, their TV could be their display when they weren't watching something else. That large screen photo frame is long overdue. With the smaller frames, you can just plug in a USB thumb drive with your photos, if I'm not mistaken. With the hugh storage capacity of modern thumb drives and data cards, I wonder if it would be possible to store say an hours worth of MA3 on a loop? Let us know how it's coming along.

Since the frame mentioned in your link comes with its own micro computer (and I'm guessing about the "Micro" part) I think this will be a winner. The KickStarter effort seems pretty successful.

Last edited by fly911; 07-31-2014 at 03:16 AM.
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote