Thread: Found a BUG!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 05:14 PM   #35
johnblommers
The Architect

Where's the emotional baggage?

Originally posted by JimO'Connor
I have a 2x2GHz G5, a 2x1GHz G4 and a 800MHz Powerbook (and two Windows computers which are a couple years old). I *had* a Newton MessagePad 100 and a QuickTake 150. I have a closet full of old Apple proprietary cords, keyboards and crud because you never know when someone will need an original ADB mouse. Though I'm about to conclude that their day has passed and chuck the whole lot because I need the storage space for the next generation of clutter.
WT? It seems that Jim suddenly got into the computer business a few short years ago? He has no old computers on his brag list. He has no emotional baggage in his attic. Just kicking mean hardware

So what does it mean that I still have my first :heart: computer, the TRS-80 Model I, with its expansion interface (ups the RAM to 48KBytes), three single density single sided 5-1/4 inch floppy drives daisychained off it, running TRS-DOS 2.3 (trash DOS). I still have the manuals too. What does it mean? And I have my original ScriptSit word processor for it too, for which I had to write a driver so it would work with my Microline 80 dot matrix printer, which I still also have!

Emotional baggage? It defines the man
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote