View Single Post
Old 10-21-2001, 09:52 AM   #106

Blue Screen of Doom may be memory issues or bios settings

If you are getting a blue screen of doom when you run the aquarium, chances are you need to

a.) update your bios * see your mainboard vendor *

b.) wrong AGP aperature setting in bios need to be lowered, and/or disable video caching if you know your video card should be capable of high end texture mapping. 4mg video cards just don't cut it.

c.) Get latest greatest drivers for all system resources like audio, video, VIA chipsets, directX, ect. ect.. ect...

d.) Let your operating system handle virtual memory .. unless you know better there can be flakey thing occur if you have manually setup virtual/pagefile settings especially if you are using advanced power management in either Bios and/or control panel power settings.

e.) Try fewer fish.... see what your system can handle in small increments ... try the wireframe mode too... make sure that you are using display rates that are compatible with your video card and your monitor... Perhaps we could see some advanced refresh rate settings in the Aquarium settings in the future ?

f.) Don't give up .......... its worth it .. so very worth it ....... Might just be a really good excuse to upgrade Make it part of health care cost come tax time ) I watch it for peace of mind..... and mega stress releiver... perhaps some more territorial aggression in the tank would open up new doorways for venting aggressions .. My real fish have always entertained me time after time with their this is my side of the tank breeding rituals ... and hey the swarms are a great direction too ... whoa, I'm going overboard . I'll stop..

finally,
Most excellent to hear that SACH made it a winXP staple and that the web site is blazing new frontiers with a much friendlier front-end..... What can you say; whats next ?? I got all sorts of 3d needs; like a terrarium with lizards or even fanasy dragons and such .. u know the list goes on and on ... and on...
Keep up the great work ...

The Beta Testing Pays off for All