View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
JohnWho
Registered

Right Arrow Will MA 3.1 be a "screen saver"?

Oh, I know, we've discussed the MA/SS things a number of times, but the new changing background in what will be MA3.1 changes things a bit.

What prompted me to post this is this link on the Serenescreen website: Serenescreen FAQ - Screen Savers & Burn in(down toward the bottom of the page)

So, will MA3.1 meet the "complete screen refresh" that they discuss?

Well, almost.

If one has more than one background color set selected, two or more color sets will be on screen for longer than 1 second (forcing a transition), two or more color sets are different (setting two sets exactly the same does not cause a transition and the color does not change), and have "change colors automatically" on (checked), then it does completely change the entire screen in cycles.

Even if one only has one background set selected and Red, Green, and Blue are all set for "0" (black, or pixel "off"), it would seem to meet the requirement.

However, since those items are not being forced by the program, I believe it still will fall under the cautions that SereneScreen discuss in their FAQ.

Now, if one could not turn off the color changing, and could not set only two color sets with exactly the same colors, ...

Why bring this up, again?

Not for a re-hash of the technical aspects of "burn-in", but to encourage a conversation regarding the "marketing" aspect of MA3.1 as a "screen saver", especially since it will run as an "scr" in Windows' Screen Saver menu.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote