View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 05:33 AM   #1119
Leon
Registered

I recently bought 2 of your ss's (Marine Aq & Sharks) and the whole family loves it. Excellent work. Can't wait for the new version...

I see there is a lot of talk about the amount of fish and framerates and and... Consider this. There are currently a lot of very fast PC's and video cards on the market that can handle a lot more than the old PC's. While I appreciate that not everybody can keep up with technological trends - won't it be possible to allow as many fish as one's PC can handle? Just for example: Let's say that the ability to select the amount of fish in the scene was possible, either by selecting "tick boxes" or on a slider, one would then add fish until the PC's frame rate starts struggeling.

I have just invested in a new PC with Quad processors and I have yet to come across something it can't run. When I play games I set everything on maximum and it still flies!

But, whatever you decide is prudent will be OK by me. I have had fish tanks since I was a lad (currently cichlids) and, as I spend a major amount of time on my PC due to work, I love having one on my desktop as well. It is VERY therapeutic. Especially when I add music to the equation...

Nice work, Jim

Leon
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote